Exp-HAIR-i​menting: One HC Intern's Attempt to Create a New Hairstyle Every Day of the Week Part-5

Day 5

It's time to go au naturel…with my hair that is. I've always wanted to be able to enhance my naturally wavy hair, and create that carefree, beach-like look. Unfortunately, every time I've attempted to scrunch or curl, I end up looking like an electrocuted poodle. But after watching Nikki create the pretty waves I had always envisioned, I was confident I could at least attempt the look…

I began by working a small dab of curling crème throughout my hair and twisting small sections of hair around my head (the larger the section of hair you use, the bigger the curl will be). Then I held the diffuser to the end of each section of hair until it was completely dry. This look was really easy to do and I was surprisingly pleased with the results. I don't usually spend that much time on my hair in the morning, but I let the curls air dry a little while I did my makeup, so it wasn't too time consuming, and the morning shower definitely helped wake me up. 


Look 5: Beach Waves

Level of Difficulty: Easy

Products and Tools:

  • Aveda Curling Crème
  • Diffuser (I bought a universal one that works with most hair dryers)

What I wore: I wanted to wear something whimsical to match my somewhat wild hair, so I decided on polka-dotted bloomers (because you can't get more whimsical than polka dots) with a cream-colored ruffle cardigan and brown suede cowboy boots.

Trick of the Trade: Scrunching your hair will break apart the curl. Instead, maximize your waves by leaning to the side as you diffuse.

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More
Site signed by the sharing of knowledge - non-commercial use - Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States.All content from the network, the article does not mean that this site perspective, if the violation of the copyright or you found objectionable information, please contact me, we will immediately handle.mailto:wowallfree@gmail.com
Design by Emporium Digital