Exp-HAIR-i​menting: One HC Intern's Attempt to Create a New Hairstyle Every Day of the Week Part-3

Day 3

One of the best pieces of advice the stylist gave me was that I shouldn't be afraid to have fun with accessories and push the envelope a little. I decided to take her advice and honor a decade that has been very on-trend this season, and happens to be one of my personal fashion favorites: the seventies. Oh, the seventies. A time of protests, women's liberation, and really awesome headbands…

I started with a basic blowout, but added some bouncy flare, by putting in Velcro rollers while I did my makeup. I used the big rollers all over my hair, starting with the crown of my head and working my way around. It took about 5 minutes to set and was the easiest hair appliance I've ever worked with! When I was ready to leave, I took the rollers out, parted my hair down the middle and finished it with a spritz of hair spray.

Look 3: That Seventies Style

Level of Difficulty: Easy

Products and Tools:

  • Velcro Rollers
  • Funky Headband
  • Hair spray

What I wore: I decided to go all out with this look and pair my seventies strands with hot pink corduroy flare pants, a white button-down with ruffle detailing and jean vest that features a pink flower print on the back. I thought this look was really fun and I swear it added a little pep in my step for the rest of the day!

Trick of the Trade: Spray hair spray in quick bursts. If you hold your hand on the nozzle for a long time, the ratio of liquid to air pressure changes and the product isn't as effective.

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More
Site signed by the sharing of knowledge - non-commercial use - Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States.All content from the network, the article does not mean that this site perspective, if the violation of the copyright or you found objectionable information, please contact me, we will immediately handle.mailto:wowallfree@gmail.com
Design by Emporium Digital