Exp-HAIR-i​menting: One HC Intern's Attempt to Create a New Hairstyle Every Day of the Week Part-4

Day 4

Now don't get me wrong, I do take showers. But today was one of those days when I simply didn't have time to wash my hair and the grease factor was getting a little too gross to handle. Enter in the chic ponytail!

I was really excited when Nikki taught me this style in particular, because I often try to look sophisticated with my hair in the ponytail, and always end up looking like a sloppy mess. But by creating a subtle part and dividing my hair into 3 sections (back, right and left), I was able to finally achieve (or at least come close to achieving) that casual elegance I desired. First, I pulled my hair in back into a low ponytail. Then, I twisted the right-hand section of hair around the elastic and secured it with a pin and repeated this step with the left section. This look was fairly simple and didn't take long, but it definitely took me a couple tries to get the hair wrapped around the elastic—those bobby pins are tricky little buggers!

Look 4: Chic Ponytail

Level of Difficulty: Moderate

Products and Tools:

  • Bobby Pins (about 4]
  • Elastic Band
  • Hair Spray

What I Wore: Today I interned in the HC office and headed to school afterwards. I needed to look professional and stylish, but still comfortable during my 10am-10pm workday. I love this look because the sequined bow on the vest adds a flash of glamour, while the white button-down keeps the ensemble crisp and professional. I also wore my pearl drop earrings, which looked great with the ponytail!


Trick of the Trade: Nikki says teasing your hair at the crown of your head beforehand will give the ponytail extra volume and flare. 

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More
Site signed by the sharing of knowledge - non-commercial use - Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States.All content from the network, the article does not mean that this site perspective, if the violation of the copyright or you found objectionable information, please contact me, we will immediately handle.mailto:wowallfree@gmail.com
Design by Emporium Digital