Exp-HAIR-i​menting: One HC Intern's Attempt to Create a New Hairstyle Every Day of the Week Part-6

Day 6

Today is one of those quintessential Boston days. Freezing temperatures and icy rain, with a bit of snow thrown in, just for fun. But while the weather was horrendous, it did provide the perfect opportunity to try out the messy bun.

My hair was already curly from the day before, so the wild texture created the perfect foundation for this look. I started by parting my hair on the right and dividing it into 4 sections: 2 in back and 1 on each side. I took one of the back sections, twisted it into a bun, and secured it with a bobby pin. Then I repeated that step 3 times, twisting every section around the first bun. I left some of my hair out to soften the look, and added a bow to pull it all together. This style is perfect if you're in a rush, but definitely requires some practicing with those bobby pins!

Look 6: Messy Bun

Level of Difficulty: Moderate

Products and Tools:

  • Bobby Pins (about 6]
  • Headband (if desired)
  • Hair Spray

What I wore: I had a HC meeting today and needed to wear something chic and fuss-free, but that still complemented this girly hairstyle. I thought a pink cashmere sweater with black detailing, navy sequined bow, and black skinny jeans did the trick!

Trick of the Trade: parting your hair and keeping the bun low makes this look instantly more sophisticated than if you pile your hair on top of your head.

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More
Site signed by the sharing of knowledge - non-commercial use - Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States.All content from the network, the article does not mean that this site perspective, if the violation of the copyright or you found objectionable information, please contact me, we will immediately handle.mailto:wowallfree@gmail.com
Design by Emporium Digital