Do it or Dye! An HC Intern's & Her Roomie's Hair Transformation - Women Campus

In honor of spring approaching, shedding winter weight, and getting over old flames, my roommate, Taylor, and I decided it was time for an invigorating change.  After much contemplation, we decided our best first step to a lifestyle makeover would be to revamp our hair.  I know this sounds a bit shallow and superficial at the onset, but to us this was about overcoming some fears and trying something new...we had NEVER dyed our hair before.  We've had this unnecessary fear of hair-dye and we finally wanted to break the tie from our natural hair color and do some experimenting. The outcome?  Questionable…

So here we are before, anxiously awaiting our appointment.


Taylor, on the right, started with her medium length blonde hair.  She wanted to up the ante—go super blonde and chop off a few inches.    Her request?  Here's what she showed her stylist:

 

I had been growing out my hair for a while and for the entire year I had been stuck with this medium length boredom of brown.  I couldn't decide whether I wanted to go a few shades lighter or darker.  My friends insisted on darker but upon our arrival at the salon, I chose lighter on a whim.  Oh, the mistakes I have made…and THIS was one of them.  Here's the photo I showed my hairdresser (thinking I could pull it off):

So away our hairdressers went, ferociously foiling our hair.  After two hours of coloring, washing, cutting, and blowing drying, Taylor looked great!  She got exactly what she wanted!  Check this collegiette™ out!

I, however, came out looking like Kelly Clarkson.  (Does anyone remember her streaky look?)  Something had seriously been lost in translation because this was miscommunication at its finest. I was, to the say the least, mortified. Blonde streaks, as bright as Taylor's, poked out through light brown, and I was in shock.  It was not just a shade lighter, but a hair color lighter.  I had blonde hair.  And I, for your own sake, will not be posting a picture of my after (before I got it fixed) look. 

Taylor and I left the salon and as SOON as I could really check out my new hair, I realized I was a need of some serious recon work.  I called the salon back immediately and was able to get an appointment an hour and a half later.  So, Taylor in her gorgeous new do, and I, with sunglasses and a hooded jacket, made our way back to the salon.  My second request?  All over dark brown. Simple.  And, back to normal.

Here was my FINAL after look.

The same.  I look completely the same.

So, collegiettes™, maybe a dye after all isn't what you need to revamp your look.  Maybe au naturale is the way to go.  Regardless of the outcome, I can laugh at my hair-dying fears.  Over them! Onto to conquer our next beauty fear!  Stay tuned!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More
Site signed by the sharing of knowledge - non-commercial use - Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States.All content from the network, the article does not mean that this site perspective, if the violation of the copyright or you found objectionable information, please contact me, we will immediately handle.mailto:wowallfree@gmail.com
Design by Emporium Digital