An HC Intern's Attempt to Stay Fit While Lounging on the Beach Part-3 - Women Campus

Day 3: Yoga

My muscles usually become stiff and flabby when on vacation. And while I am no Yogi, practicing a few classic positions like the Warrior and Downward Dog was the perfect way to improve my flexibility and bring a little balance into my otherwise indulgent week. Plus, the uneven sand and significant wind chill made holding even the simplest position quite challenging, and the crashing waves that hummed in the background provided the perfect soundtrack for a little self-reflection and meditation.

  • Good For: Stretching, Balance
  • Try This: Muster your most elegant, upright posture and bring your toe to your knee in the passé position. Clasp your hands together and try to stay still for as long as possible. It's more difficult than it looks and is a great challenge for both mind and body!
  • How it Felt: This exercise certainly made me feel more self-conscious than the others. I don't exactly contort my body on a beach full of people every day. But then again, I've never been one to let a little stage fright get in my way and am glad I stuck with it. Yoga glorifies the importance of peace and serenity, and I can't think of a calmer place than the sleepy Gulf Coast, so the setting was actually perfect. And between the significant winds and uneven sand, holding the positions was much more difficult than I expected. 


 

Snack Attack of Peanut Butter and Celery: I am convinced this classic snack is the healthiest comfort food on the market. The sweet and salty peanut butter is packed with protein (just be careful to choose a brand that doesn't contain hydrogenated oils) and celery is one of the most hydrating, low-calorie vegetables out there. Sitting in my grandparent's kitchen and munching on this treat brought me right back to my childhood and it certainly beats milk and cookies as far as nutrition is concerned!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More
Site signed by the sharing of knowledge - non-commercial use - Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States.All content from the network, the article does not mean that this site perspective, if the violation of the copyright or you found objectionable information, please contact me, we will immediately handle.mailto:wowallfree@gmail.com
Design by Emporium Digital