1 Shirt 5 Days in a Row: An HC Intern's Attempt to Style the Same Shirt Every Day & See if People Notice - Part 2

Day 3

Today is another in-office day and I've decided to keep it simple with a Theory skirt and black pumps. This mustard-colored skirt reminds me that it is officially spring, because the freezing temperatures here in Boston certainly make it feel like winter!

 

Day 4

Today it's raining out and I am visiting a mosque for a class assignment, so I need to be modestly dressed and somewhat rainproof. This is definitely my simplest outfit of the week and I think the most boring. But the hot pink scarf (which doubled as a head covering in the mosque) jazzed the look up a bit and I got it while studying abroad in Israel, so every time I wear it I'm reminded of my amazing memories from there.

 
 

Day 5

I wanted to celebrate my love for Friday (cue the Rebecca Black song now…) by wearing an outfit that was fun and hip with a little pizzazz. I love fedoras and think they add a funky touch to every outfit. The black wool shorts are from J.Crew and the vest is from Target. This was definitely my favorite ensemble and the perfect one in which to celebrate the end of my experiment!

 

At the end of the week, no one had noticed that I wore the same shirt every day!  Furthermore, this experiment made me realize the surprising, yet significant way my clothes impact my spirit and sense of self.  Even though I wore the exact same top every day, my mood and self-perception definitely shifted depending on my "look du jour". On Monday I felt very chic and pulled-together but with an edgy vibe, while Friday's fedora ensemble made me feel carefree and excited for the weekend. I also realized that great style does not require owning large amounts of clothes. Every time I get sick of my wardrobe, I instantly think I need something new and head to the mall. But next time I feel this way, I'm going to spend a little more time staring at the clothes hanging in my closet and see if I can style them in a fresh, new way. While this experiment certainly provided some challenges (FYI: I will not be wearing that white shirt for a very, very long time), I did appreciate the way it fostered my fashion creativity and made me appreciate each and every item I own.

Have you ever participated in a fashion challenge like this? What are your thoughts about them and what do you think of my experiment? Please comment below!  

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More
Site signed by the sharing of knowledge - non-commercial use - Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States.All content from the network, the article does not mean that this site perspective, if the violation of the copyright or you found objectionable information, please contact me, we will immediately handle.mailto:wowallfree@gmail.com
Design by Emporium Digital